TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before making a booking with Run the Wild Limited, please read through the Terms and Conditions, print off and retain a copy for your own records. The following Terms and Conditions as well as Rules of Participation contained herein shall apply to all bookings made with Run the Wild Limited. Run the Wild Limited accepts bookings directly from persons aged 16 years or over, for under 18s participants must have obtained parental/ guardian consent. On the payment of deposit for a booking on any Run the Wild trip by you, the client (participant), or where a group makes a booking, all participants within the group, hereby acknowledge that they have read and understood the Terms and Conditions as well as Rules of Participation and agree to be bound by them. By booking with Run the Wild Limited you, the client confirm that you accept and understand that Run the Wild Limited will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses which may arise in consequence of your participation in the holiday or event.
LEGAL JURISDICTION AND CONTRACT
All terms and conditions between clients and Run the Wild Limited are governed by English law and under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All booking arrangements are made with Run the Wild Limited, which is a Private Limited Company registered in England with Companies House under the Registration Number of 08762866.
Run the Wild Limited acts as a supplier of the services in the trip and event itinerary, some of the services provided within that itinerary are from third party suppliers such as accommodation, food and transportation. Run the Wild has researched to the best of its ability the quality and safety of these providers, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances, accident or event due to the actions of a third party Run the Wild Limited shall not be held liable. Any other services provided by external suppliers that are outside of the itinerary (such as meals not included, flights etc.) are not part of the trip you book with us and therefore, we are not responsible for those services or any complaints arising from them.
Participants assume complete and full responsibility for travelling to and from a Run the Wild event, and hereby release any duty of checking and verifying any passport, visa, vaccination or other entry requirements for each destination, as well as all safety or security conditions at such destinations. Failure to arrive at the designated start time and location of the event stated in the itinerary will mean the participant will forfeit the entire value of the trip. You, the client will need a valid passport if travelling outside your country of residence and since some of the Alps trips move through a few countries you will need to keep this on your person for the duration of the holiday where relevant.
For European Running Adventures, it is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical expenses, injury, illness, death, cost of repatriation and personal accident risks, for UK Running Adventures it is highly recommended but not mandatory. This must include sufficient and suitable cover for the activities to be undertaken during the trip. Participants are solely responsible for their own safety and emergency plans whilst on a Run the Wild holiday. Please ensure that your insurance covers you to the maximum altitude given on your trip itinerary. Most of our trips have a maximum altitude of 3,000 metres. You must bring all insurance documentation with you at the time of the activity. For events taking place outside the United Kingdom you must ensure that your insurance covers mountain rescue, including helicopter rescue. You herby authorise the leader or representative of Run the Wild Limited to make a decision to instigate a search and rescue including helicopter rescue if such assistance is suspected or confirmed to be needed either involving you or the group of which you are a member without previously obtaining the permission of the company issuing your insurance policy. You agree to indemnify the Company and keep the Company indemnified from all losses, apportioned appropriately to you, arising from any such search, any such helicopter usage and any resulting repatriation, for medical or non-medical reasons, including legal costs of making a recovery against you. Costs incurred by you, the client, due to an evacuation, rescue or other emergency event shall be your responsibility. Any subsequent costs incurred for expenses not limited to but including such costs as hotels, food, transport etc shall be borne by you, the client. It is your responsibility to be fully aware of the implications involved in arranging your own travel insurance and understand the limitations and exclusions of the policy. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time if we are not satisfied you have the necessary insurance policy covering your activity. Run the Wild Limited shall not be held responsible for any injury sustained during the holiday or for any financial costs associated with medical care, search and rescue or repatriation. We also recommend your insurance covers you for trip cancellation and baggage loss/damage. Run the Wild Limited are unable to accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any client equipment or luggage. Run the Wild Limited shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with any terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of Run the Wild.
Your booking if a multiday trip must be accompanied by a deposit. This is a minimum of 30% of the advertised trip price per person, or a minimum of £100, whichever is greater, or if booked within 42 days* (6 weeks) of the date on which the trip starts by, the full payment. The one exception is Tour du Mont Blanc trips where the trip needs to be paid for by 10 weeks before the trip starts. This deposit is non-refundable if you choose to cancel. When Run the Wild Limited has received your initial payment, your booking is accepted. You will be sent a booking confirmation receipt together with further information regarding the activity you have booked. Payment preferences are for direct bank transfer and you are responsible with any associated banking fees in regards to us receiving the payment.
BALANCE OF PAYMENT
Where relevant, if there is an outstanding balance due on your trip, this is due 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the activity start date, or 10 weeks for Tour du Mont Blanc trips. If full payment is not received by this date Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to cancel your booking without a refund of the deposit made.
HOLIDAY PRICE AND EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATION
Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to adjust pricing of our products and services displayed on our website and marketing materials. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. European trips are quoted in Euros and UK trips in GBP. We will update the current exchange rate at the time of each payment due. In case of currency fluctuation, if the British Pound Sterling/Euro exchange rate should fall below £1 = €1.1, Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to levy a surcharge to the trip price to accommodate incurred costs due directly to the movement in the exchange rate. With regard to trips in Switzerland, should the value of the Sterling/Swiss Franc drops below £1 = CHF 1.2, Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to levy a surcharge to the trip price to accommodate incurred costs due directly to the movement in the exchange rate. Pursuant to the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations (1992), Run the Wild Limited will not levy a surcharge to customers where a price increase is made in respect of variations that result in an increase of less than 2%. Pursuant to the New EU Package Directive (2018) you reserve the right to cancel your trip if the increase is raised over 8% of the original price.
We reserve the right to cancel any trip which does not have sufficient people taking part to make it financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we undertake to inform you as soon as possible, but this may occur after final balances have been taken but will not occur less than 15 days before the departure date in the UK or 30 days within our European trips, except where necessary due to Force Majeure, failure by you to provide adequate insurance cover for your chosen activity, or failure by you to pay the final balance due. Cancellation of a trip by Run the Wild Limited will entitle you to a refund limited to fees paid to Run the Wild Limited for your trip or alternatively you can re-book on a different date or activity, unless cancellation has been forced by unforeseen government intervention in which case actual costs incurred by Run the Wild Limited will be subtracted from any refund due. No other compensation will be allowable. If Run the Wild Limited cancels an activity we will not be liable for any expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, or in the expectation of the activity taking place. We recommend taking out trip cancellation insurance should you wish to be covered for this potential eventuality.
Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realised that in this type of adventurous travel, changes to the itinerary may occur for which Run the Wild Limited accepts no responsibility, however caused. Run the Wild Limited will make every effort to inform you of any change, we know of before departure. Your final itinerary may differ in respect of the places where you stay overnight. In particular it may be necessary to alter or cancel your itinerary at short notice due to adverse weather, force majeure, mountain conditions, client or leader illness, road conditions, or to operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation, facilities, aircraft, vessels and other forms of transport. Should such conditions involve clients in extra costs such as accommodation, transportation and meals, such costs should be borne by the client. On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered in the mountains or the abilities of the team members, your Run Leader may decide to change any aspect of the trip, if he/she believes that to continue with the itinerary would place anyone at undue risk. Run the Wild Limited accepts no financial liability that may arise from any enforced change to your travel plans due to any alteration of the trip dates, the itinerary or its cancellation, howsoever caused. In the event that changes are made to the itinerary any extra costs will be met by the client. You are advised to book transferable, refundable travel tickets with no penalties should a cancellation be necessary. Run the Wild Limited cannot be held responsible for any missed services that you have booked independently of Run the Wild Limited. Run the Wild Limited may for operating reasons adjust advertised departure and return dates by 24 hours, even after bookings have been accepted. Run the Wild Limited cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences.
SECURITY OF PRE-PAYMENTS
The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for multi-day trips. All trip payments are secured and will remain so, until the trip is complete. In the event of financial failure before your departure, all monies paid, excluding insurance premiums, will be refunded to you.
If you have any complaints whilst on holiday, you must immediately inform your Run Leader or Run the Wild representative who will use all reasonable efforts to remedy it. If you remain dissatisfied, you must make full details of the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of your holiday. If you fail to follow this simple complaint procedure, your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be affected or even lost as a result. Run the Wild Limited representatives, other than the Director, are not entitled to promise refunds or additional services for whatever reason and Run the Wild Limited will not be bound by any such promise. A client leaving a trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by the Director of Run the Wild Limited.
Run the Wild Limited has made every effort to ensure correctness of the website and supporting materials, but it is for guidance only, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
Run Leaders are there to attempt to solve any problems for the benefit of the group as a whole. By making payment for this trip signifies your acceptance of the Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, he/she may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes that person’s health is at risk, inadequate fitness, if an illegal act is committed, or their behaviour becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group. Should the Leader take such action, that person would not be entitled to any refund. At the same time each client is entirely responsible for their own safety and well-being on the route, the Run Leader has a duty of care to each client, beyond those there are no legal obligations or responsibilities to a client, rather is there to assist the group where possible during the holiday. Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to change the advertised Run Leader.
We endeavour to match the abilities of each runner in the group, prior to the start of the trip. You will be running at the pace of the Run Leader and running as part of a team. You will be expected to remain as part of the designated team until the end of the trip. If you feel that the ability of the team is considerably different to your own, please raise this with the Run Leader at the soonest available opportunity, whereupon if there are other groups running with Run the Wild, we will endeavour to move you.
In booking a Run the Wild holiday you, the client declares you are aware of, and understand the actual and potential risks in participation in Run the Wild holidays through the activity of trail running in mountainous and remote areas. You, the client also declares that by taking part in a Run the Wild holiday you are medically fit and will participate at your own risk. You are also declaring that you have undertaken the necessary physical and mental training in order to have the correct level of fitness for your chosen holiday. If you suffer from a medical condition that may prejudice your participation you must provide a medical certificate from your doctor stating that they believe you may safely undertake the activity you have booked at the time of making the booking itself. In booking a trip you accept that in case of accident or illness Run the Wild Limited may need to execute evacuation plans or provide for medical treatment which will be at your own expense. Some of our trips involve going to high-altitude and carry an inherent risk of altitude illness. Likewise, most of our trips visit remote locations with limited infrastructures where the risks to health are increased and the ability to treat injury or illness effectively is reduced. You must understand the risks associated with trail running and the consequent risk of serious injury or death. Neither Run the Wild Limited nor any of their representatives will be held responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on their trip.
INFECTIOUS DISEASES & COVID-19
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 it is important for you, the client, to be aware of and understand the potential additional risk of catching an infectious disease whilst taking part in a group activity. Run the Wild will follow any relevant government guidelines. You the client, by taking part, agree to follow any relevant government guidelines, which may include forfeiting your place on the trip at your own cost. Run the Wild will not be held liable for any participant contracting an infectious disease during a trip or any travel relating to the trip.
At Run the Wild we have appointed Simon James as COVID-19 Officer. Within this role a risk assessment has been completed, and will be updated, for all UK events with specific regard to COVID-19 and a COVID-19 action plan put in place, in addition to our standard risk assessments. Any updates to Government Guidance will be monitored, and procedures adjusted accordingly, and a COVID-19 secure environment will be maintained when required.
What we ask of you, the client:
- Please do not attend any of our trips if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or are unwell from any other infectious disease, or if someone in your household is and requires you to self-isolate.
- Face covering required if government guidelines require them.
- Good hygiene must be practised at all times. This includes a strict policy of no spitting while running.
- Please check your local government guidelines in regards to travel, public transport and overnight accommodation.
SPECIFIC NOTE ON HEALTH RISK ON THE TRAILS
Running on trails, particularly on high mountain trails presents serious medical risks as well as being both mentally and physically exhausting. These can include but are not limited to, altitude sickness, hyperthermia, hypothermia, kidney failure, heart failure and dehydration. By enrolling on a Run the Wild holiday, you fully accept, understand and appreciate these risks as well as any potential health consequences. Preparing adequately physically and mentally for your adventure is mandatory. Please remember that you are responsible for your well-being during a Run the Wild holiday and be aware that these risks can evolve over the course of the holiday. We will endeavour to give you every possible chance of completing the challenge but at the same time you must understand your own limitations and not exceed them. If in the event a participant requires emergency evacuation then the participant assumes all financial obligations associated with that service, Run the Wild Limited is not responsible for any debts incurred. All participants are to ensure they have sufficient and suitable insurance for the event. Just some of the main health risks associated with trail running can lead to death but there are many others and you are advised to seek professional medical advice before taking part in any running event and ensure that you aware of these risks.
Run the Wild Limited maintains high professional standards of client care and safety. All Run Leaders on our Alps trips are qualified International Mountain Leaders, holding current first aid certificates. All Run Leaders on our UK trips are at least qualified Leaders in Running Fitness. In choosing to undertake activities in a mountain environment and by booking with Run the Wild, you accept and understand that these activities may pose a danger of personal injury or even death. All clients who have made payment and booked with Run the Wild are thereby declaring that they are aware of and accept these risks and will be responsible for their own actions and involvement in such activities.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you, the client grant permission to Run the Wild Limited and its affiliated sponsors to use photographs, motion pictures, recordings, data or any other record of your participation in the holiday for any legitimate purpose without remuneration. Run the Wild Limited shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998). When you make a booking, you consent to all the information you provide being passed on to suppliers, agents, sub-contractors, employees or volunteers whether based inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purpose of our providing you with the holiday.
If you wish to cancel you must notify Run the Wild Limited in writing, whereupon the following charges will be applied from the date they receive your notice of cancellation:
- More than 6 weeks* before the trip – loss of deposit
- Less than 6 weeks* – loss of all monies paid
*10 weeks in the case of Tour du Mont Blanc trips
SINGLE DAY EVENTS
EVENTS COSTING LESS THAN £60:
- More than 6 weeks before – you can transfer it to another event taking place within 6 months of the original event
- Less than 6 weeks before – loss of all monies paid
EVENTS COSTING GREATER THAN £60:
- More than 6 weeks before – 50% refund
- Less than 6 weeks before – loss of all monies paid
Please note once you have cancelled, this decision is not reversible without the prior agreement and authorisation of Run the Wild. Run the Wild reserves the right to re-sell your place without any compensation to you, the client.
DUTY OF CARE
By booking you agree to abide by instructions and decisions made by the person leading the activity. Run the Wild Limited reserves the right to exclude individuals from an activity on the grounds of health or safety. Any individuals so excluded are not entitled to a refund. Any individual contravening the decisions or advice of the person leading the trip, including the Rules of Participation shown below, or undertaking independent activities not authorised during the activity, relinquishes the protection and duty of care of the person leading the activity for Run the Wild Limited.
LEAVING A TRIP
It is understood that if you decide to voluntarily leave an activity Run the Wild Limited shall not be held liable for your safety, well-being or costs incurred following your departure from an activity.
Where accommodation is included in your trip itinerary, these will be provided on a twin room sharing basis, and on some of the multi day routes in dormitory style accommodation. Please let us know if you would prefer a single room, and where possible we will arrange this, at an additional supplement.
RULES FOR TAKING PART IN RTW EVENTS
- Each runner, must remain as part of the group they are assigned to at the start of the event, unless handed over to an alternate group if available and overseen by their Run Leader or the Event Director.
- Each runner must remain with their Run Leader, if you don’t you will be assumed lost and possibly removed from the rest of the trip and search and rescue initiated for which you will be held financially responsible. If you lose your Run Leader accidentally then use your whistle to attract attention or mobile phone.
- If you suffer from an injury on route you will be either evacuated by the rescue services or for minor injuries met by a support vehicle if possible, at the nearest possible location. You will be taken to the medical services at your expense. RtW is not responsible for any costs incurred by an injury (ensure you have appropriate sports insurance).
- Participants are entirely responsible for their own safety on the trails. Participants are required to get insurance for all mountainous itineraries (recommend Sportcoverdirect, Austrian Alpine Club, Snowcard, BMC). Hazards include but are not limited to steep narrow footpaths, rock slides, falling rocks, road crossings, river crossings, level crossings and all other hazards of the trail. Runners must be capable of self-sufficiency, confident of running alone at night on technical trails and sufficiently trained to cover the distance presented.
- Mandatory kit is mandatory. See kit list on the website.
- Participants must fully disclose medical information, running ability and experience at the time of booking and inform any changes to Run the Wild as soon as possible.
- No one is allowed to take non-medication drugs during the holiday.
- There is to be no littering of any kind on the route. Please follow the countryside code.
- Minimum age is 16yrs old to run alone, if under 16 you must be accompanied by your parent or guardian unless specifically agreed.
- Non-registered participants are not allowed to follow the group.
- The Event Director and Run Leader retains the right to cancel or change the route or itinerary at short notice due to weather, route disruptions or other unforeseen situations.
- If the Run Leader or Event Director deems you unfit to run, you will not be allowed to continue. You will either be transported to that night’s accommodation or to a place where you can get ongoing transport. This will be at your own cost.
- Headphones are allowed but they must be at a volume that you are fully aware of the surroundings and also any instructions from your Run Leader.
If you break any of the above rules then Run the Wild reserves the right to cancel your trip with no refund and you will be responsible for securing your own transport back home.
- The promoter is: Run the Wild Limited
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom (with a UK address) aged 16 years or over except employees of Run the Wild Limited.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition is run purely on Facebook or Instagram but awareness will be made via other platforms.
- Closing date for entry will be as per the competition post. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition will be stated on the competition post.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as per the competition post.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook or Instagram within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will only be disclosed to third parties associated with the product
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- Run the Wild Limited shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Run the Wild Limited also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.