See how far you get go on your journey with running with the support of a Run the Wild coach.
IN PERSON BOOKINGS INCLUDE
- 30 min Skype pre-session to discuss wants and needs and assess goals
- Pre-session analysis and feedback (ie pre-existing injuries, running biomechanics observations, kit advice, energy zones etc)
- Warm-up protocol advice/drills
- Partnered run/training session (specific to requirements and to include relevant technique focus)
- Pre-cool down photo/video evidenced running biomechanics analysis
- Cool down protocol advice/drills
- Post session feedback via email
- Personalised training plan based on athlete goals
- Weekly feedback sessions
- Access to coach for questions
Getting ready for your next running adventure with Run the Wild.
THE BENEFITS OF TRAIL RUNNING
Training for a Run the Wild event is critical to your enjoyment of a running adventure. It also enhances the success of the team as well as preventing injury. We encourage all our participants to consider seriously a regular element of training before attending our longer and multi-day trips. Trail running is an excellent all round body workout testing proprioception and muscle strength. Therefore your training needs to not only increase your fitness but also focus on technique to reduce the chances of injury both before and during your holiday.
You will also find it so much more enjoyable if you have trained for your holiday allowing more time to soak up the views and enjoy the freedom of movement. A good cardio, core and leg strength training program will really help you. We recommend at least an hour each day of cardio depending on the holiday you have signed up for. Multi day hikes, runs and basic marathon training will be of real benefit. The aim being able to be on your feet for up to 3 hours at a time on our shorter trips and 7 hours on the longer ones.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
We have some free mini strength & conditioning programs here which are great for getting you fit for the trails: